Thursday, December 15, 2005

Back in Kisumu again

So it's yet another day I'm in Kisumu. This isn't necessarily a bad thing since the food is good and the Internet is great, but in this case it's frustrating because I've got a lot of work to do which I'll be paying per minute on this computer to do here, and would rather be back in Kakamega. As I was leaving for Kakamega after my last trip here I got a call from medical saying my bloodwork was showing liver problems and I could not take the medication I was given to clear up the stuff growing on my feet. Anyway, I had drank a few Tuskers (only a few) the night before with some PVC friends and suggested that may be the reason the numbers were off. The doctor told me it was likely and to return on Thursday, so this week has been crazy.

I went back to Kakamega on Tuesday, left early the next morning for a three hour matatu ride to FOA classes on Wednesday, and left from there Thursday afternoon for a two hour return to Kisumu. Luckily I was able to attend the management classes regardless and learned quite a bit. It appears I'll be in high demand all over the Western province and will be traveling regularly, so I've got plenty of matatu adventures ahead of me. Also, the test results just came back and the numbers are fine so things will be ok, I can blame it on the alcohol. Saturday I'm having the PCV's over for a "painting party" which basically means I'm bribing them with food to come help me paint the walls in my house. It looks like Christmas will definitely be at my place and I'm going to try and make it look really nice before people show up next weekend.

So that's the latest, I'll try not to make this too long winded since I need to be getting back to FOA work and then return to Kakamega. Will write again soon.