Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Posting pics in Kisumu

So I'm in Kisumu and able to post pics! Very exciting times. Things are going well, I've been to the doctor today and given the pills to kill off the amoebas, and I'm also getting a foot infection cleared up. Who doesn't love Africa? Regardless, I'm in a nice Internet Cafe and I feel fine and the site is coming along well. I had the PCV's over for lunch and we cooked Biriani, which actually turned out really well. Looks like my house has been settled on for Christmas and other than that not much new, so without further adieu here are some pics:


Thankgiving day in Kitui with Tom Turkey. I was unexpectedly assigned to do this after dropping by the pastoral center in the middle of a foodball game (this is not what I'm usually wearing here) to see how dinner was coming. Thanksgiving will never be the same for me. My friend Anne is helping me keep Tom in place with a tarp we found.

Here's Anne again with the finished product: A tasty turkey!

Although the drive between Nairobi and Kisumu has to be one of the worst roads ever, there's plenty of wildlife. Here's some Baboons on the side of the road.

Tusker, the national beer of Kenya, and not a bad deal at 65 shillings a half liter.


Mmmm....bugs anyone? I tried a few and they aren't that bad if you stop thinking about what exactly it is you're eating.

So it's not letting me post any more pics and I'm just getting to the good pics. I'll try another blog entry.