Friday, June 23, 2006

Pics - Italy

Here's a few pics from my trip to Italy, plus to keep things relevant to the theme of the blog, a bonus pic from Sweet Potato Training:



This is the Sweet Potato Value Addition Training class with farmers from Navakholo. There were more than 60 farmers in the class. Here I am making "Crackies", which is deep fried sweet potato flour. Now on to Italy:


My sister and me in Ancient Rome, surrounded by ruins


The first in my "Things you won't find in Rural Kenya" Series: Jewel Covered Ipods, only$1500


A typically grandiose and decadent Cathedral in Rome. It's overwhelming


I just liked the name of this store; it's Rome in a nutshell


Jana with my family at the Roman ruins. Since Jana hates getting her picture taken, I had to post this


Here is one of the bodies from Pompeii, the result of a volcano that blanketed the town in ash. It's amazing how well preserved the casts are

A 2000 year old street in remarkably well preserved Pompeii